Wednesday 10 October 2012

Aquamarine Hot Spot mani

Hello there! Today's look is very basic but the colours are so beautiful that nail art is not needed.


-I applied base coat, then applied Sinful Colours' "Aquamarine" and "Hot Spot" on alternating fingers.
-Once they had dried, I applied a second coat of each. At this point the colours already looked gorgeous together and I debated whether or not I should bother adding glitter at all.



-I went ahead and added Icing's "Epic Winning" to the "Aquamarine" nails. It was a win since it's a pretty holo glitter, but I'm still not sure if I like the mani better with or without the glitter.
-I applied Kleancolour's "Chunky Holo Bluebell" to the "Hot Spot" nails, thinking it would look great on a dark background. However, it was very muted and the holo properties didn't show up as much as I'd have liked, so I applied "Epic Winning" over it.
-I applied clear top coat to all my nails.

(Yes, this is the same picture as at the beginning of the post!)

Unfortunately, the day after I did this mani, I decided to try my first frankenpolish. I know I should've waited until I was in between manis but I was so anxious to try it, that I went right ahead with the hot pink polish. Of course I got a nice pink smudge right on one of my newly painted nails!


I was sad to remove this one. I'll probably be repeating it some other time (without the glitter). One thing to note is that "Aquamarine" stained my nails a bit, but the stain went away after a few washes. Hope it works out better for the rest of you :)

Happy polishing!

2 comments:

  1. You have impeccable nail polish application! I always appreciate that on nail polish photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's such an awesome compliment :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...