Monday 24 September 2012

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my very first blog post! I've been meaning to do a nail polish/beauty blog for quite a while so I'm happy to finally be doing it. I hope you all enjoy my posts as much as I know I'll enjoy creating them. I'll be posting pictures of my nail art, as well as reviews of different beauty products I've used. My theme tends to be less chatter, more polish, so here we go!...

This is a tape and plastic wrap mani I did a few weeks ago. Scroll down to read instructions on how you can recreate this look yourself, and remember to let me know how it went!


- I first painted my nails with a clear base coat, followed by two coats of Revlon nail polish in "Dreamer."
- Once that was totally dry, I cut strips of Sellotape of varying thickness and stuck them onto my nails.
- I applied dots of polish in different colours to the exposed strips, then crumpled some plastic wrap and pressed it to my nails to blend the colours together. This step has to be done quickly, before the polish sets, otherwise the plastic wrap will remove the colours in ugly clumps instead of nicely blending them together. The colours I used were Sinful Colours nail polishes in "Rise and Shine," "Oasis" and "Aquamarine."
- I used Sinful Colours "Let's Meet" to fill in the spaces. "Let's Meet" is a lovely shimmery yellow polish which brightened the whole mani up.
- I finished with Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear top coat in "Invisible," using a generous amount of polish and light strokes to avoid smudging the design.

L-R: Dreamer, Rise and Shine, Oasis, Aquamarine, Let's Meet

This fun design was relatively simple but looked as though it took hours to do! Feedback is welcome so please post your comments.

Happy polishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...